Time flies so fast when you are having fun and I cherish every moment spent with love ones and friends. I invest a lot on memories and on learning about things that interest me. I do not mind not having a fat bank account, new car, new gadgets and other bright new things. As long as I have stories to tell and I learn new things, life is worth living.
I live each day trying to balance between earning a living and doing what I want to do in the hopes that one day both will become one and the same thing. I try to explore the world as often as I can and if I can’t, due to some constraints, there are always books I can read that enrich my imagination. Life is too short to get bored. I try to fill my minutes and hours with things that matter and important to me like exercise, prayer, walking with the dogs, conversations with my loved ones and learning something new with art. These were the things that kept me busy this April and there are 6 things that stood out in my memory.
1. Vacation. When my cousins and I here in the Philippines learned that our cousin from Canada was coming home for a short vacation, we were already looking forward to the first week of April. It was a short stay but a fun and relaxing one. I will talk more about this trip in the coming days.
2. Cousins. This is my Canadian cousin’s 4th trip to the Philippines so I have to post a then-and-now photo to mark the event. The photo on top was taken more than 10 years ago.
3. Art. I started to explore The Flourish Forum and The Postman’s Knock. Both are excellent resources I can use to improve on my calligraphy. I am interested in joining their mail exchanges that I signed up for June. I also made some birthday cards. My friend’s birthday was coming up so it was an opportunity for me to practice calligraphy.
I also made a lot of artworks to catch up with friend requests. I am just happy that many liked my work. There are only two that are left unwanted. Poor artworks. I will open an online store soon and I hope somebody buys my artwork.
4. Flipping Ships. Below is a photo of a junk boat that I posted here. Remember Edwin McCain? He was the singer behind “I’ll be”, a relatively popular song in the late 90′s (I think). He will star in a new reality show called “Flipping Ships” where he and his team revive old boats to their sailing glory. The show premiered last August 24 on Animal Planet. One of its associate producers emailed me to ask permission to use my photo of a junk boat as reference photo for an episode which might be aired on May 29. It is cool that they made efforts to get in touch with me to ask permission to use the photo.
5. Fixing the faucet. I have allowed my faucet to drip for a week until I made an effort to replace it myself. My cousin promised to fix it but forgot to return and finish the job so I mustered some courage to do it myself. And I fixed it! I am proud of this accomplishment.
6. Photoshoot. I will have a photoshoot with a friend which I reluctantly said yes because if I say no I might be saying no to possibilities and challenges. Besides, I think it would be a fun morning of catching up with a friend. We might even forget we are doing a shoot. I am just thankful for the trust given to me. I hope I can meet expectations.
As I write this post, it is already almost the middle of May. So far, May is treating me well. How’s your April and May?